This simple and easy-to-follow macrame Christmas tree pattern is ideal for anyone trying macrame for the very first time. These adorable macrame Christmas trees can be used to decorate a Christmas tree, as Christmas gift tags, or as table-setting Christmas decorations.
So simple to make you can get the kids involved too, they make the perfect craft activity for the festive season.
2 x 3 meters of 3mm braided string in teal ( we use this one here from Hobby Craft)- You can substitute with any type of macrame string
3 wooden beads 12mm dia (we use this one here from Hobby Craft)
1 x 50 cm 1mm white string
- Fold your strings with one end 50cm long.
- Fix the strings on a board or piece of cardboard with pins, making sure the 50cm ends are inside.
- Use the long ends to tie a Square Knot (learn how to make a Square Knot here)
- Tie a Sinnet of Square Knots until you have run out of string
- Tuck the ends of the strings at the back of the sinnet, trim the excess
- Fold the thin white string in half, tie a simple knot to create a loop and pass through a bead.
- Fold the sinnet 7-8 times to create a tree shape
- With the help of the weaving needle pass the white string through the tree
- Add the two wooden beads
- Tie one or two simple knots and trim excess string
Have fun making them in different colours and sizes!
I would love to see your version of this simple macrame Christmas tree decoration.
You can tag me @_twome on Instagram
If you like to make more macrame Christmas decorations, you can check this blog post here
If you like to access 100+ macrame patterns for beginners and intermediate creative souls, join ‘Your Macrame Community’ here.
If you have any questions, feel free to email me here.
Want more FREE Resouces?
Have any questions? Want to chat it through? Come see me on my Instagram pages, I hang out in the DMs daily and would love to hear from you!
Need more small creative business growth tips, news & strategies?
Join the “Hello Creatives Academy” Newsletter to receive my free bi-weekly email updates on how to start & run a creative business.