A simple macrame angel to decorate your Christmas tree and home this festive season.
In 2020 I collaborated with the Winchester Nightshelter, now called The Winchester Beacon, and I asked the macrame community to make and donate macrame angels to them. For every angel sold a night at the shelter is paid for a homeless person during the festive months. THE FREE TUTORIAL here.
This year, 2021, I am sharing a new tutorial with you that compliments the one form 2020. I hope you enjoy making this angel and gift them to someone special.
Material & Equipment
7mm 3-ply natural macrame string (mine is from https://www.leonormacramaker.com/shop)
9mm single twist natural macrame string (mine is from https://www.leonormacramaker.com/shop)
Champagne metallic string from Bobbiny_UK
Scissors & brush
4 x 40cm of string
1 x 30cm metalic string
- Place the natural strings next to each other
- Tie a double knot with some of the metalic string
- Unravel the string or brush
- Tie a Gathering Knot with the meatlic string (Macrame Knots guide can be found here)
- Tie a double knot with the ends of the Gathering Knot
- Make a loop with each end of the string and tie a bow
- Adjust the bow to the desired size and trim the strings if necessary.
Happy knotting and don’t forget to share a picture of your angels with me on Instagram @_twome or by email email@example.com
If you are sending any macrame angels to The Winchester Beacon, thank you very much in advance for your generosity and for supporting this charity, I truly appreciate it.