A simple macrame angel to decorate your Christmas tree and home this festive season.
In 2020 I collaborated with the Winchester Nightshelter, now called The Winchester Beacon, and I asked the macrame community to make and donate macrame angels to them. For every angel sold a night at the shelter is paid for a homeless person during the festive months.
This year they have asked mine and the macrame community for help again and I thought to create a new free tutorial for a macrame angel, you can find last year tutorial here.
If you are keen to help The Winchester Beacon and send them some angels to support their work, please post them to:
Att. Guardian Angels
The Winchester Beacon
20b Jewry Street
Winchester SO23 8RZ
Material & Equipment
7mm 3-ply natural macrame string (mine is from https://www.leonormacramaker.com/shop)
9mm single twist natural macrame string (mine is from https://www.leonormacramaker.com/shop)
Champagne metallic string from Bobbiny_UK
Scissors & brush
4 x 40cm of string
1 x 30cm metalic string
- Place the natural strings next to each other
- Tie a double knot with some of the metalic string
- Unravel the string or brush
- Tie a Gathering Knot with the meatlic string (Macrame Knots guide can be found here)
- Tie a double knot with the ends of the Gathering Knot
- Make a loop with each end of the string and tie a bow
- Adjust the bow to the desired size and trim the strings if necessary.
Happy knotting and don’t forget to share a picture of your angels with me on Instagram @_twome or by email email@example.com
If you are sending any macrame angels to The Winchester Beacon, thank you very much in advance for your generosity and for supporting this charity, I truly appreciate it.